magma

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

SHADOWS....our real self!!?


What is our personality? We have different personalities in front of different people. Why is it not consistent; '...kahan kisi ke liye hai mumkin, sab ke liye ek saa hona....'


Imagine all the important people around you as sources of light. This light source when it falls on you will cast a shadow. This shadow is what you see when you are with that person....it is your own shadow, not somebody else's , it's real and yet, not the complete truth.


Your shadow looms bigger when you are with some people and tiny when you are with others. I said to someone very close to me, that I feel very big when you are with me...you make me feel big. Analogically, it's the shadow which gets bigger in her presence.


Laughably, it's the shadow that you see, what others see and we tend to fall in love with our own image(shadow). Even when we know, that whatever we are is because of the source, the light....otherwise there would have been no looming shadow which would make us feel proud.

And when there are multiple light sources there will be multiple shadows...most of them unequal. And so we do not have the same image in everybody's minds, everybody does not hold the same opinion about us. And how tough would it be not to look at the shadows, but your true self...and how would you do that if there is no light...and when there is light, there is the shadow...bigger than you..


Arguments galore, doesn't the light see you, the real you? Well if I say Yes, which is logically correct, then my idea falls apart and I have no intention of letting that happen ;). As they say or I say, logic might as well kill romance and make poetry by numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home