magma

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tales of the Open road by Ruskin Bond; really...if i read Ruskin Bond I stop missing the hills; the simplicity of his writing and his belongingness to the place is what makes him so special to me. He brings the scents, the visuals, the shivers, down here to an aredent fan sitting in a bus in Bangalore, going back to home after a day at office, refreshed now.

One day I too would like to roam around like a nomad in the winding and less ventured paths of the Queen of Hills. Taking a sneek peek into the secret world of the mountains. The only
question is.....will my parents allow me to do so???

1 Comments:

  • Hi Siddharth,

    Well-said. The stories of Mr RUSKIN BOND are so very evocative. One feels like rushing to the hills!

    By the by, Mr Bond has written a very very warm-hearted foreword for my short story collection, "The Remix of Orchid". It's a book of stories where every piece has been set in the Andamans.

    More at my website http://remixoforchid.blogspot.com

    Thanx a load.

    Sincerely
    Nanda
    http://remixoforchid.blogspot.com

    By Blogger The Unadorned, at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home