magma

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Smell the Music!!!!!!!!

Songs, music..can they incite any sort of smell??!!What am I saying....A strange sort of a feeling; "Shab e firaaq hai ....aa re aa re", not a good song. But, suddenly memories of Infy Mysore came rushing to me...with...I don't know....what was that....alsmost as if I was in trance...as if I was there in Mysore...some strange sort of an electronic impulse originating from the centre of my forehead giving a slight tinge to my nose....made me believe that it's a smell........ufff...Not to miss the bubble from somewhere in the abdomen and that slight pierce in my eye which can at times just make you shed an involuntary tear..(nothing emotional about it, believe me)

And just as I speak about it, I will not hesitate to mention how we associate certain smells to ceratin events, certain very specific locations and people also....a particular person, at a specific location at a certain point of time....I still remember the smell of the hedges in my primary school....

2 Comments:

  • In agrezi we say it like..'I caught a whiff of yours my love...' Inspite of the fact that the lover is miles far away.
    We are active or not but brain always is, 24 hrs, every second. Now all our 8 senses (the other three are Kinesthetic, Gut and Equilibratory senses) are continously sending information to the brain which are received and stored by the brain. This set of inf, having 8 variables(one for each sense) for a particular point of time is recorded for that particular point in time. Whenever in present our brain is reported more than one variable coinciding with any of our earlier experience(experience means an inf stored in some cell) brain finds it tough to record similar inf at two diff locations, during that confusion the earlier file is opened by mistake and that is the moment of our experiencing the past in present or reliving the past or 'DEJA-VU' for a while. The programme that matches present with past is called 'Memory'.
    This was the interpretation given by a surgeon(forgotten his name) when he discoverd the Memory Centre. This centre is in our brain as circular strips Medula Cortex. It is told that eveything of our life is stored in it. While things go further when we are told that this centre stores the memories of each and every instant of our all the past lives(reincarnations). In Buddhism, when we make this centre 'alive' we have the memory of millions and trillions of years this 'siddhhi' of awakening about the past lives is called 'Jaata Siddhhi'. 'Jaatak Kathaayein' is based on all the lives lived by Gautam Buddha. 'Reiki' therapy is base on this same principle.
    Oops...you were saying something related to this...I thought..

    By Blogger DADA PEER, at 1:03 AM  

  • ...and of course this inforfmation is of no use to us when we want to indulge ourselves in the specific pleasure of loosening ourselves in 'Nostalgic quirks of emotions'. You heard Metallicans singing-
    'Fortune fades,
    Mirror vains,
    Go insane,
    but,
    Memory Remains...'

    By Blogger DADA PEER, at 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home